Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company About Occupational Therapy
1. Does my insurance plan cover Occupational Therapy?
2. Do I have to get a letter from a licensed medical provider (Physician or Physician’s Assistant) to state this is medically necessary?
3. Do I need to send the letter from the medical provider before seeing the Occupational Therapy provider OR can it be submitted with the first bill?
4. Is a diagnostic code required for reimbursement?
5. What is the reimbursement scale for Occupational Therapy?
6. What is the deductible on the plan? $__________ (amount)
7. Is there any deductible left to meet this year?
8. Is there a limit on the total amount that can be paid out each year? $__________ (amount)
9. Is an Occupational Therapy Evaluation covered by my insurance? $__________(amount)
10. How many Occupational Therapy sessions will be covered by insurance in total per year? $__________(amount)
11. Does my coverage extend to the services of a non-network provider?
12. What is the maximum covered cost per Occupational Therapy session? $__________(amount)
13. What is the Co-payment per Occupational Therapy session?
14. Must we be referred for Occupational Therapy by a medical doctor or is an OTR sufficient?
15. If we are already in Occupational Therapy with another provider, what is my remaining coverage for Occupational Therapy this year? $__________(amount)
16. Does my insurance cover the following codes:
- 299.00 autism
- 315.4 coordination disorder
- 728.9 disorder of muscle ligament/muscle hypotonicity
- 781.3 motor incoordination
- 781.92 abnormal posture .
Click Below to Download Insurance Questions form. Thank You!
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.